Amazon is an e-commerce corporation established in the United States that also provides cloud computing services. This company employs more than 1.5 million people worldwide, spread over 170 locations in 13 countries. Amazon employs a dynamic recruitment process to ensure that the appropriate person comes for the right job. Today, we’re bringing you a comprehensive guide that will teach you everything you need to know about the Amazon hiring process, its timeframe, and our recommended advice for freshers.
What is the Amazon Hiring Process?
Because Amazon is a well-established, reputable e-commerce company, it hires only the best talent. Amazon’s fundamental interview process for new hires consists of four basic rounds, which are as follows:
- Online Application
- Candidate Assessment
- Phone Interview
However, no specific schedule for the hiring process has been established. Once you are selected for the interview rounds, it may take up to three to four months at the most. If you’re interested in learning more about the entire Amazon hiring process and its timing, continue reading below!
Round 1: Fill out and submit the application form
- Begin by visiting the Amazon career page and logging in with your amazon.jobs credentials Note: If you do not already have an Amazon.jobs account, register one.
- Then, complete the Application form and attach your most recent CV.
- Conduct a job search and apply for the most appropriate positions by providing all required information.
Note: Sort Jobs by Type, Category, and Location using the Filters on the left pane.
Round 2: Take the Online Assessment Test in
If they shortlist your resume is for an Amazon position after you apply, you will receive an invitation to take an online exam. This is the preliminary stage of the Amazon employment process. Along with your User Name and Password, a link will be there. Additionally, you will receive a copy of the Test Instructions and System Requirements necessary to participate in the test. Depending on the post for which you apply, there may be multiple online assessment tests. Several common instructions, however, apply.
- Take the test within 48 hours of receiving this email.
- This is an online examination.
- They will require you to offer your responses by microphone or keyboard.
- Your video, audio, and browser session will be recorded and analyzed for proctoring purposes.
- Conduct the test in a quiet area with minimal background noise. Avoid testing in breakout rooms, cafeterias, or public areas.
- Browser: Only Google Chrome versions 75 and above with cookies and popups enabled.
- Machine: You may only use a laptop/desktop computer. Take the test without using a mobile device.
- Video/Audio: A webcam and a high-quality USB microphone/speaker are required.
- RAM & Processor: 4 GB+ RAM, i3 5th Generation 2.2 GHz or above • Internet Connection: Stable 2 Mbps or greater
Note: Confirm your system compatibility using the HirePro Online Assessment.
Round 3: Conduct a telephone interview
After passing the online assessment exams with passing grades, you will have to participate in a telephone interview as the following step in the Amazon recruiting process. Your knowledge and communication abilities will be put to the test here. If you meet the minimum qualifications, they will invite you to a face-to-face interview.
Round 4: Appointment for an Individual Interview
You will be informed about the position for which you are being considered at the face-to-face interview stage of the Amazon hiring process. Here, you may specify the tasks and responsibilities of each employee, as well as the compensation received.
Round 5: Submit to a drug test
After a few days, the last stage will show the results of drug tests.
- If your outcome is good, your chances of getting the post are scarce.
- Additionally, if you get any injury while working for Amazon, they will ask you to go through a drug test.
- Also, as an Amazon employee, you must pass a yearly medical drug test in order to continue working for the company.
Round 6: Await a Return Call
The recruitment team will contact you once you have passed the drug test and passed the Amazon Background Check Policy. They will supply the letter of offer.
Typically, a complete round of hiring & recruitment at this Jeff Bezos start-up takes between one and three weeks at the earliest, and up to three months at the latest.
We hope you’ve gained knowledge about the Amazon hiring and interview process for new hires. Continue to check out our page for further amazing tips and tricks and leave your thoughts below.