Animal jewelry boasts strong totems properties. There was a time when people really believed that gods who command the rains and winds have features of an animal and man at once. Fauna species are depicted next to people in rock paintings. In the same cave paintings, the creatures with animal heads and human bodies were given a place of honor raising them above everything and everyone else. Now, of course, we don’t believe in half-human-and-half-animal gods but animal jewelry is still with us. If you are curious to know what animal rings, pendants, and brooches mean, here is our short and sweet guide.
- Dove, which many people know as the peace bird, is probably the most common animalistic motifs in jewelry. This bird is a symbol of friendship, patience, and modesty.
- If you want to show that you are confident in the chosen course of action and behavior, a piece of jewelry featuring a swallow image will do nicely. By wearing it as your talisman, you reinforce your ability to achieve any goal you set.
- An owl is a nice representation of a well-developed sixth sense. People also believe that owls signify clairvoyance and the capability of seeing the future and the past. If you’re gravitate toward owl jewelry on the subconscious level, this might be a sight that you possess extrasensory abilities. You just need to develop this skill.
- Crows symbolize intelligence, might, and mystery. Many people identify crows with dark forces but this is just a superstition. Since time immemorial, feathered species with black wings has been considered to be the personification of the worldly wisdom and knowledge. They pointed out at people you can always ask for wise words.
- Swan are an invariable signifier of affection and love. Swan jewelry emphasizes the loyalty and generosity of a person who wears it on the chest or wrist.
- Jewelry featuring an eagle will suit independent and free-spirited individuals. Since eagles are fast, merciless, and hardy, they are often chosen as totems by people who strive to be the same. It comes as no surprise that eagles are a running theme in biker animal ring.
- Fish is another commonplace symbol in jewelry. As a rule, a fish represents the Pisces zodiac sign. However, a fish can become your lucky charm no matter what zodiac sign you were born with. A fish is deemed to be a long-standing symbol of Christ. Thousands of years ago, when body crosses did not exist, the Christians wore ornaments that remotely resembled a sea fish. Interestingly, this symbol has a different meaning in various countries. For Japanese, fish is the symbol of masculinity. Europeans, on the contrary, regard fish as a female signifier. Chinese are sure that fish is a patron of a silent and wise person. According to Americans, the fish symbol will bring happiness and prosperity.
- A dolphin symbolizes a sharp mind, monogamy, and loyalty. In fact, all these qualities are really inherent in these aquatic animals.
- A jellyfish personifies the desire of a person to find his or her “self”. Jellyfish jewelry tells the onlookers that ‘this person endeavors to achieve a balance between actions and thoughts in order to find a peace of mind.’
- The most eye-catching trend-on body ornaments resemble multi-colored butterflies. You’d be surprised but the meaning of this insect is extremely controversial. On the one hand, a butterfly is a longtime symbol of paradise. It personifies good nature and sociability of its owner. On the other hand, this beautiful creature is a sign of frivolity and impermanence.
- Ladybird jewelry is supposed to bring good luck. If you want your wish to come true, enlist the support of a small gold or silver ladybird accessory.
- A Maybug is a patron of merchants and traders. Want to please a salesperson? A cockchafer keychain or pendant will become an excellent gift.
- On the one hand, a fly is not the most pleasant symbol. On the other hand, this insect is the most frequent ‘guest star’ in the Philipp Plein and Hermes collections. A fly symbolizes strong business connections. A ring or pendant carrying a fly will let others know that you are a person who keeps his/her word and confidently conducts business.
- Everybody knows that bees are hard workers. A bee body ornament will describe you as a dedicated, diligent, and industrious person.
- When buying jewelry portraying a mouse, think about which philosophy is close to you – western or eastern. According to western believes, this cute rodent symbolizes theft while it denotes honesty and prosperity in the east.
- A cat ring or pendant will protect its owner from envious glances. A cat-themed piece of jewelry worn close to your shoulder will boost its protective properties. You can go for a brooch or short cat necklace.
- A horse patronizes creative individuals. It promotes fantasy and out-of-box thinking. The people of East are convinced that a horse helps everyone who needs patronage and protection from evil spirits.
- An elephant is the most powerful energy symbol that absorbs the desires of men and women. It enhances power, the strength of mind, financial viability, personal happiness, and compassion for a person next to you.
- Dog jewelry finds its owners among people with supersensitive perception. A dog body ornament is a protector and guardian. It won’t let negative thoughts and energies approach its wearer.