Why should MKV files be converted to MP4? It can be difficult to import huge MKV movies onto an iPhone or an Android phone, let alone play the files on those devices. You must first convert MKV to MP4 if you want to play MKV on other devices or modify it further. Additionally, MKV is a video container that can hold a variety of video codecs, subtitles, and audio tracks. Here, you can find expert MKV to MP4 converters to quickly obtain the best MKV files.
Part 1: Mac/Windows MKV to MP4 Conversion
When playing MKV files, you can choose the preferred audio track and subtitle in contrast to other video formats. To play the foreign film in MKV, you must select an appropriate audio track rather than changing the video codec, such as by converting MOV to MP4. The best option for converting MKV to MP4 is Tipard Video Converter Ultimate. You can split the big MKV into many video clips in addition to extracting the relevant files.
MKV to MP4 Conversion with Lightning Speed
Enabling hardware acceleration with a thunder mark gives you access to extremely speedy conversion and lossless video output, allowing you to obtain the finished MP4 file in a timely manner.
Select the ideal device presets.
If you are unsure of the device’s ideal resolution for converting MKV files, you can move right to the Device section, where you can find ideal settings for devices like the iPhone 13, iPhone SE2, iPad mini, and more.
Edit your video quickly and easily.
You can easily edit films within the program, which enables you to split the video, generate custom GIFs, make 3D videos, apply filters, and more without constantly moving between other apps.
Add external audio tracks and subtitles.
It allows you to add the appropriate subtitle and audio track from the Internet in addition to extracting the needed ones from the MKV. Additionally, you can enhance them or swap out the original music.
- Install Video Converter Ultimate on your computer and start it up. Drag the MKV file directly into the software or click Add Files to load the lengthy film.
- From the Output Format menu, select MP4. By selecting the Settings option, you can change the resolution, bitrate, and other settings. Additionally, you can select the MKV to MP4 conversion device preset.
- Before converting, divide the huge MKV file into several clips by clicking the Scissors button. All of the video snippets can then be converted into MP4 files. You can individually import them to cellphones.
- To set up the destination folder, please click the pull-down menu button. To begin the MKV to MP4 conversion, click the Convert All option. Following the conversion, simply preview the generated file.
Part 2: Online Methods for Converting MKV to MP4
Instead, you can use online MKV to MP4 converters if you merely need to convert MKV to MP4 for additional editing or use on a device without file size restrictions.
FreeConvert – MKV to MP4
With the help of FreeConvert, which supports practically all common media files, you may simply convert MKV to MP4. If you sign up, you can upload more files, up to 1GB, for free for conversion. You may quickly and easily upload any MKV video, whether it is one that is on your computer or one that is saved online.
- Navigate to the FreeConvert website’s MP4 Converter section. To upload your MKV file, select Choose File.
- To change the resolution or bitrate, click the Settings icon. To begin the process, you may just click the Convert to MP4 option.
- When everything is finished, click Download MP4 to save the finished file to your PC.
CloudConvert’s MKV to MP4 conversion
A well-known utility called CloudConvert supports almost all audio, video, document, files from web storage, etc., and can convert MKV to MP4 for free online. Ten to twenty-five free conversions are available to you each day. You can convert one 25-minute video every day with an account.
- Go to the CloudConvert website and select MKV to MP4 in the converting field.
- Next, select the Upload MKV Files button and click the Convert button to upload and convert MKV files.
- The finished MP4 video will play in a preview window; click the Download button to download it to your PC.
Part 3: Guides for Converting MKV to MP4 for iOS and Android
Here are two reliable MKV to MP4 converters for iOS and Android when you need to convert a few little MKV videos to video formats that work on your smartphone.
Video Compressor and Converter
A free MKV to MP4 converter for Android called Video Converter, Compressor, is appropriate for novices with a few little MKV files. Although the free trial of this tool has few features, you can easily trim the MKV videos you input or extract the audio from them.
- Install and open the program on your phone. In the first step, click Video Converter to upload the MKV file.
- Select MP4 as the output format by clicking the Format section in the first row.
- Tap the large Convert button to begin the conversion of MKV to MP4.
- Normally, the completed MP4 movie will show up in the Photos/Gallery, but you may also verify by returning to the main screen and selecting the Outputs section.
A helpful MKV to MP4 converter for the iPhone is Media Converter, which also includes a universal video player and the ability to convert any video format to MP4 or extract audio files. This limitation is made up for by the fact that you can also compress files, crop video size, and trim videos.
- Install the program, launch it, and then click the Add button to add MKV videos that were previously stored in the Photos app.
- Next, select the Convert/Trim tool by clicking the Information button with an I after it.
- Slide to find the MP4 format in the Format column, then hit the done button to choose it.
- Tap the Share button, and the MKV movie will be exported as an MP4 and appear in the queue.
After being converted to MP4 format, MKV video files are simple to edit or play. You can undoubtedly find a tool that works best for you with the above-mentioned detailed directions on how to convert MKV to MP4.