In 2021, YouTube recorded 2+ billion users. It ranks as the second most prominent social media platform globally, with Facebook topping the list. The top site on the internet, Google owns YouTube. Due to its features like YouTube for Artists, it is a crucial platform for musicians and artists to self-promote music.
Why are videos essential for music promotion?
Visuals and videos quickly establish connections between tracks and their listeners. You will have more engagement, views and increased royalty if YouTube gets your music videos on Vevo. Here are tips that will help you improve YouTube visual presence and market your music.
- Enhance your channel profile
You can make your YouTube channel appealing with a logo or profile photo and a well-designed banner image. Add links to your official website and social media profiles. Also, use excellent thumbnails and make sure you have well-organized content.
- Share your content on social media platforms
You can use social media to reach a broader audience. Interaction with online communities and groups will allow you to introduce your video to them. A sneak peeks into an upcoming project will keep your audience anticipating the video’s release. It will also drive traffic to your YouTube channel when the video is out.
- Engage similar YouTube channels
Interacting with others can boost engagement on your channel. Your target audience is subscribers to channels posting content similar to yours. Commenting and liking the YouTube videos of artists who play your style of music can get you noticed by the musicians and users. You can also mention videos in conversations in the comment section of those channels.
- Be consistent with content creation
Have a regular post schedule to let your subscribers and fans know when you will upload a new video. At least a video per month will retain your fans and keep the channel active. It is good to upload your videos during the peak times of the day. Preferably, 2 – 4 pm on weekdays and 9 – 11 am on weekends.
- Make your video content engaging
In addition to your music videos, post other content to make your channel lively. You can upload behind-the-scene clips, live video streams, playlist series, and even Q&A sessions.
You can also create multiple videos for a track.
- Reach out to your audience
You will need subscribers or fans to gain exposure on YouTube. Find out where people who appreciate your music style hang out and approach them. You can meet them on social media platforms, in online communities, and even offline.
- Take advantage of YouTube SEO
You can use the keywords people search your content with to get more fans and views. You can include these search phrases in your video title and description. Also, use relevant tags for your videos.
- Find out the current trends for your style of music. You can use Google trends to discover trends on YouTube.
- Track the metrics of your video content. The watch times, playback location, traffic sources, subscriber rates, audience demographics, and retention rates are helpful in tactical video promotion decisions.
- Add CTAs to your videos to prompt the viewers to take action after watching them.
- Collaborate with YouTubers who are popular music influencers to gain more exposure.
- Use YouTube paid advertising to promote your music on the platform.
You can use excellent targeting options on YouTube to gain visibility and promote your music. You can test these features with a low budget and see the returns.
Leave a Reply