Viewers can watch a variety of entertainment on the live-streaming website Twitch. The most well-liked ones are live music performances, esports events, IRL or in-real-life streams, and many others. Through chat rooms and steamer donations, viewers can also communicate with each other.
However, you can’t watch Twitch on an Android phone or console or a PlayStation or Xbox without first activating your Twitch account. Depending on the gadget, the activation procedures can also change. Through www.twitch.tv/activate, we’ll demonstrate how to activate Twitch in this article.
How to Open an Account on Twitch TV
Before broadcasting content on their devices, Twitch users must first create an account. You can personalize your favorite streamers by subscribing to them in addition to chatting with them using a distinctive nickname. Here’s how to register for a Twitch TV account:
- Enter the official website for Twitch. TV.
- The Sign-Up button is located next to the Log-In button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Enter your login information (username, password, date of birth, and phone number).
- Before it is validated, your phone number will initially have a special code.
- You can use your email account if your phone number is not operational. Your email address should be entered in the field after clicking the Use email instead button.
- Click the Sign-Up button when you’re finished.
Your Twitch account has now been created. As you will need them to access your Twitch account, make a note of your username and password.
How to Install and Use Twitch TV on the PlayStation?
Installing the Twitch App from the PlayStation Store is necessary in order to activate your Twitch account on a PlayStation system. In order to log into your account and get the activation code, you will also need a different device and an active Twitch account. Activate Twitch TV on PlayStation by doing the following actions:
- Go to the PlayStation Store on your open PlayStation device.
- Install the Twitch App by doing a search.
- Open the Twitch App after installation and sign into your Twitch account using your login information.
- On your display, a six-digit code will now appear. This will work as your activation code; be sure to save it because you’ll need it in the following step.
- Open your default browser and navigate to https://twitch.tv/activate on a different device.
- Enter the six-digit code you saw on the console’s Twitch App after signing in to your Twitch account.
- Tap Activate. On your PlayStation system, your Twitch TV account is now operational. The Twitch App on your PlayStation may now be used to stream and view content.
Note: The procedures described here work with all PlayStation models, including the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, etc.
How to Make Twitch TV Available on Xbox?
On an Xbox, activating your Twitch TV app is comparable to doing so on a PlayStation device. To use another smart device to enter the activation code, you must have an active Twitch account. Additionally, these procedures can be used with a variety of Xbox editions, such as the Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Series X, and others. Use the following instructions to activate Twitch TV on Xbox using twitch.tv/activate:
- Go to the Microsoft Store while your Xbox is open.
- Install the Xbox Twitch App by searching for it.
- Launch the Twitch App and sign in using your Twitch credentials.
- Your Xbox activation code can be found here. Make a note of it because you’ll need to enter it later.
- Visit https://twitch.tv/activate on a different device’s default browser, sign in to your Twitch account, and then launch the device.
- If you noticed a six-digit activation number on your Xbox’s Twitch App, enter it.
- Decide on Activate. Your Xbox console’s Twitch TV feature has now been enabled. Now you can use your Xbox to stream and view Twitch videos.
How to Install and Run Twitch TV on Android?
The ability to watch a variety of content on a portable device like an Android phone is pretty convenient. You can install and activate Twitch TV on your phone as long as it can connect to a wireless network and has enough internal memory. The instructions below should let you enable Twitch TV on an Android device:
- Go to the official Twitch TV website using the default browser on your phone.
- To open a brand-new Twitch account, click Sign Up.
- Enter the username, password, and phone number that you prefer to use for login. To activate your Twitch TV account, utilize a valid cellphone number, so keep that in mind.
- You can use your email account in place of your functioning phone number. Your email address should be entered in the field after clicking the Use email instead button.
- The empty field has to contain the six-digit verification code you received over email or phone.
- Verify the code by clicking Submit, then click Done to confirm.
- Now that your account has been validated on Twitch.
- Next, download and install the Twitch app from the Google Play Store.
- Enter your verified Twitch login information. You can now stream different types of material and communicate with other Twitch users in chat rooms.
Twitch is a fantastic platform for creative content viewing, interaction, and streaming. Additionally, you can utilize Twitch TV through a variety of consoles and gadgets—including Android phones, Xbox, and PlayStation—via the Twitch App. However, in order for this to function, your Twitch account must be active. As a result, this article will assist you in going over the various activation procedures when using Twitch on a device other than your computer.
Leave a Reply